Thursday, July 23, 2009

Twilight Hike....



We went up Big Cottonwood Canyon with some of Jason's friends for a twilight hike. We went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 1:00 to be there to start hiking by 2am. My Dad graciously let the girls sleep over while we hiked. Here are the reasons I am a big fan of hiking in the dark.
#1. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold...Just perfect...

#2. I love the smells of the outdoors, and with it being dark I think it was even easier to take them all in because I couldn't see everything around me so I focused on the smells.
#3. Watching the sunrise is amazing. To sit there and watch it come up, and think about how many times I have missed the sunrise makes me sad. Dawn you are right...Sleeping is for lazy people. jk...(Jason apparently got lonely waiting for the sun to rise so he asked a dude to marry him? I have always had my doubts, but seriously to do it in front of his wife...weird...)




The pictures don't do it justice at how pretty it was...It was sooo green, and just beautiful...

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Gosh Whittney, I didn't know you were such an outdoor person. Here I thought it was all domestics and such. Seriously, you should be a professional photographer. Your pictures are awesome and the subjects even more so. I loved being with all of you at the family vacation. It was worth all the work when all was said and done. You had a great variety of pictures and I loved it all. Thanks for all you do and your constant energy and enthusiasm.

Alicia said...

PS. You need to add a picture of a 600 pound black bear eating everything out of our coolers!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome that you guys did that. It is one of those things you will never forget. Good job on the pictures too. That looks like a ton of fun. Mark and I have watched the sunrise many times while camping.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

King Family said...

HI CHILCOTES! WE WE MISS YOU SO MUCH!!
ISABELLA