Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life is Beautiful-

The Chilcote Weekend was great...Life really never ceases to surprise me. I really thought it would be an awful, boring weekend, but it turned out to be quite fun, and relaxing. (Just joking good grief laugh a little)
Well that was what this weekend was a bunch of laughs. (mostly at my expense)
Top 10 things I enjoyed were...
#10. I know it's not nice to pick favorites, but I really enjoyed Sam. I think it is because he hates me, and hardly is ever nice to me. So I love that he had no choice but to be around me. :)#9. Finding out there is no such things as 300lb raccoons that have razor sharp teeth that can bite into your cooler. Enjoying the fact that Jason's family loves me enough to lie to me about what really got my food. And it wasn't these little fella's:
#8. Watching the girls spend time with their older girl cousins, and knowing what great examples they have to follow.#7. Giving my daughter Benadryl before a hike and wondering why she can't stay awake to walk..
#6. The Scenery...Yup I am a sucker. I love the mountains, I love streams, and I love big tall trees.#5. Playing games...I know I get to play games constantly at home because Jason loves playing games*, but I am still a sucker for a good game of cards with the whole family.
*not true just in case you don't know how much he doesn't like games, and you aren't sensing the sarcasm...
#4. Watching Abi get so excited to fish, and feed the chipmunks...(I can't believe I don't have any pictures of her with the chipmunks seeing as that is how she spent the majority of her time) So Lane you better send me some.
#3. The Talent Show...America may have talent, but I don't think we will ever be on that show with these acts :)#2. The family...The hosts...The cousins...The friends....Good Company...

*We Missed you AJ, and Rylee....

#1. But the number one thing that I enjoyed the most was making fun of this old, old man....and him not taking any of it, and hitting back hard....

3 comments:

The Baker Family said...

The Chilcote family is so beautiful!! That looks like a lot of fun and good memories. I wish we did things like that with the Schwantes clan...

Tammi said...

Looks like a super fun family reunion! We use to go to a big cabin at a ranch in So.Utah with Marcus' fam, but this year chose Palm Springs to swim, get heat-stroke,golf, sweat, did i mention being HOT...it's always fun to get together with all those crazy people. I can't believe a BEAR got into your food! SCARY! Miss you...you need to come out and visit soon--soon we will have room for you guys to come stay!

Unknown said...

I always love reading your blog - your posts are so creative, thoughtful and fun to read. The Pictures were great! Loved them all - especially Jason! and of course all the kids!
Love you all, mom