Saturday, February 2, 2008

Jason's 1st Surgery













SO...Jason has been complaining of stomach problems for like 4 years now. On Sunday I had, had it. We were with his family that night and he probably said 2 words the whole night. He said his stomach hurt. I very nicely and patiently told him he needs to go to a doctor because as much as I have loved hearing about it for all these years, I think others are tired of it. I would gladly have let it continue because that is what a great and sensitive wife I am. So Sunday night he slept like crap, and in turn I slept like crap. Monday he went to work at like 4:45am, and at 8 he was dying. So shockingly he called to make an appt. with the doctor. They said they couldn't get him in until next week (we thought it was his ulcers) but by 11am he was dying. So again shockingly he took himself to the hospital, and called me a little later saying they were going to do surgery and it was his appendix. The surgery went great, and a week later he is still in some pain, but getting better. So thanks to all those who helped: Garn with the blessing, My Dad and Jeannie and Garrett with the kids, Dani for the warm cookies you ate and said were for us, Jen and Liz for dinner, Schrader's for dinner (I know, I have good friends. Who makes dinner for people when there husband gets sick?), and all the calls of people being worried. I know you all want to see his pictures of his appendix....So here you go, a look inside of Jason.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I didn't know it even happened. Guess it's my fault for living in Las Vegas. Hopefully this is the reason why Jason has been so grumpy lately, and now all is well ;)
Hope you feel better fast man. Miss you guys.

Jared

Anna said...

Way to believe your husband when he complains of pain ;)

The Tracy's said...

Sorry Jason. It sounds like your wife is just as sensitive as Lex's. Ok, we suck. Glad you're alive.That could have killed you.
One more thing, I promise that I won't make you dinner!
Trudy

Kimmi, Ciaran and Cabhan's Korner said...

Wow. How did he not get like appendicitis or something. That is scary that it went on for that long. I hope he is doing well. Give him our best.
Kimberly

LB said...

I'm not going to comment on what you KNOW I want to comment on :)
Love ya!

chandra said...

Hey Guys - Cool pictures!! Never seen an appendix before not sure that I want to again. Thanks for helping me make that decision!! Glad to hear you are doing okay
Chandra and Family

The Hunt's said...

Eeek. That is a little gross. I'm glad he got that little problem taken care of and I'm really glad you've been busy posting all sorts of up dates!