Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Race...




So we decided that the St. George Half is a good Despain tradition. We also thought with the training going through the holidays it would really help with losing the holiday lbs. It didn't really work for me, but I can't imagine how much I would weigh without running everyday. Well race day came, and I felt good that morning from mile 6 on I started getting really sick. First I took out my hair to help the headache, and then I just looked like pure ugliness, and it went down hill from there. I gotta say I really didn't want to finish, but didn't want to feel like a loser when my brother and sister were at the finish line, and I drive up in the car all lame. So I pushed through, and hope on my next race to not get sick. Why I didn't get sick on training days I am not sure, but I never want to feel or look that crappy again in front of that many people. If you don't believe me I am putting up a really bad picture of me. The other pictures Jason took to show me who finished before me. He thought he was funny until he saw me, and then apologized. Thanks to my family for driving all the way to St. George to support me, and a shout out to my Dad who couldn't run because of Gall Bladder surgery. Way to go Jared who is the fastest guy I've ever met, and Dani who killed me. Love ya

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that you were sick and I only beat you by like 5 minutes.

Stop telling people that.

Dani
(my friends call me "the wind")

Kimmi, Ciaran and Cabhan's Korner said...

Holy cow whit i didn't know you ran like that. That is a wonderful accomplishment. I am very impressed and proud of you. You are so awsome what a wonderful person you are. Well this is so fun to keep up on things on this blog. Check mine out too. it is at aarondesmondsfam.blogspot.com
Kimberly

Kelli Despain said...

You did awesome-seriously, there is no way I could even attempt that.

Grammybumble Bee said...

Whitt
We miss you bunches. You go girl!! Great running. I'm so proud of you for letting go. I know leaving JB was the hardest thing you've ever done but now you can be the best Mom like you wanted . Just love every moment with those girls they grow up fast and try to have a boy. Please keep up the blog it's GREAT!!
Theresa A.K.A. Grammybumblebee

The Hunt's said...

Oh, you poor thing! You really do look bad! Which by the way makes pushing through it all the more cool!

Tammi said...

Whitt...How come I didn't know you were such a stud and ran a freakin' half marathon? I want to also--someday...can't really find any time to train right now with Marcus gone so much...and I probably would've jumped at the chance to have a legit reason to stop--you're HARD CORE!!

Tammi said...

Whitt--how come I didn't know you were such a stud and ran a freakin' half marathon! I'd like to also--someday...can't really find any time to train with Marcus gone so much...someday. And I probably would've JUMPED at the chance to have a real reason to quit--you're HARD CORE!!

Wanna be farm girl said...

seriously, I can't run like that on my best day...because I don't want to! hahaha! Way to go! You are awesome!