Sunday, March 23, 2008

Young Chefs Academy







Olivia's 6th birthday....Wow I have a six year old. I would like to say that I can remember when I was 6, but I am afraid I have blocked it out. Just kidding, I just have no memories any more. I must be getting old. Anyhoo we did a double party with our neighbor that lives behind us, and it was a riot... We went to the Young Chef's that another neighbor owns, and we were their very first party. The kids made their own pizza, and learned a little about cooking.
A few of my favorite moments were:
1. When they are talking about the dough they said it raises and grows just like you do, and my nephew raises his hand and says "I don't grow" (he is a little short for his age)
2. The lady who had a french accent who taught the class made me feel like I really was learning how to make dough for the first time, in France.
3. Watching 25 kids actually sit still, and listen for more than 2 minutes.
4. And last but not least the moment when we took all the kids home, and didn't have to clean up anything.
A big thanks to Young Chef's and Tauna and Wendi for all your work. It was amazing.

6 comments:

Anna said...

The party looks amazing! I tried and tried to find Livy in any of the pictures but I couldn't. More pictures please. And you are beautiful so none of that "I'm not cute" CRAP!

Michelle said...

What a great idea for a party! And I like the no clean up part! (this is Dani's friend Michelle with all the boys - not the Michelle with the twins).

The Hunt's said...

Well that is cutest dang party I have ever seen. And the teacher had a french accent...icing on the cake!

Kadee said...

It was a fun party! Thanks for inviting us. Let's get together soon!

Kelli Despain said...

That looks so fun! You are such a great mommy-always willing to do those things that I would find too difficult to do with a bunch of kids-way to go super mom!

Another Blog... said...

What the... I got jipped growing up! How fun is that! I want to be 6 again!!