Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My New Job...Professional Photography!!!!

For those of you who can't read sarcasm in that sentence...You should. I have quite a few friends who take pictures, and are amazing at it. I like to tell myself it is something that just comes naturally for these people, and if I so chose, I too could do it as well with a little practice. Well here is what I get when I try to be artistic, and get the "natural candid shots of life". I kind of blame my kids because they aren't very cute so it is probably just hard to get a good picture of them :).In my photographer eye she was just sitting on the pumpkin pondering, but now it looks as though she really needed to go to the bathroom. That is candid, right?
In my amazing photographer eye, she was staring at the beautiful pumpkin patch...But this is what I actually captured...
So my thought is this....How do you all take pictures that look like you aren't there, but you are really there? Photos that look staged, but aren't really staged. Or...deep thought...Maybe this is how I am suppose to remember my kids....Goofy, and able to hold themselves for long periods of time. These pictures say...we are thankful for fall, pumpkin patches, and Grandma's and Grandpa's who take us because our dead beat parents were too busy "simplifying" to do something that simple.

5 comments:

Angie Birkeland said...

You crack me up. How is that simplify crap coming? If you master it let me in on how you can possibly do it. I always think I can take up photography, but who are you kidding....you have to have some kind of creative eye which is NOT me.

Unknown said...

Wow, those are SUCH dang cute kids! And they get it from their mom - they remind me so much of you Whit! Love you guys! Each and every one!

Caitlyn Bone said...

HEY CHILI I miss YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Hope all is well HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
~Caitlyn B.

Wanna be farm girl said...

your wonderfully awesome....and funny..and we luv ya!!!! at least you have pictures...mack has officially given me the "you suck as a mother because you dont take pictures" award!

LB said...

That's my Abs...