Thursday, March 26, 2009

"It's Hot and It's Cold"

What is with this weather you ask? We had been asking ourselves
that for a while and decided it was time while Liv's was off track to go on a warm Vacation.....
We started off in Vegas at my Brother's house, we did the Hoover Dam Half which I sucked at, but what is new. (Jared rocked it) I just freak myself out on the actual race. Maybe I should always just train and never actually do a real race. I think I am missing a couple of genes that make you not give up at the end. ....Oh well. We then went on the Dam tour. It was fabulous except that I smelled and looked bad.

Then on Sunday we celebrated Olivia's birthday with Grandpa and Grandma Despain and my Brother's fam.
(Yes, those are curlers in Kelli's hair, and no she is not a grandma yet.) jk
We went to the park after dinner and some cheesecake, and played on the cool playground by their house. (Notice it is like 6pm and we are not even wearing coats)
This is my little Oliver with the cutest cheeks in the world.
Thanks Jared, Kelli and Fam you are very hospitable. And thanks for all the perks and helps for our vacation!!!!


Then starting Monday we did the Disneyland thing for the next couple of days, (All I can say is corn dogs, cotton candy, and lots of churro's)

Abi's face is priceless on all the rides. Not to mention usually messy
from all the treats...


The girls were worn out by the end of the night Abi would always fall asleep, but Olivia would get a second wind so the last night we let her choose the last ride, and she chose the rockets....It was probably the longest line we waited in the whole time, but she got her Dad to go with her so she was in heaven.

Next up Seaworld (thanks for coming Mrs. Weenig we loved it!!!!)

Abi going Shamu!!! Shamu!!! Once she realized we
were not in the splash zone.
Proof that I have a friend
Then we did a day at Universal Studio's lucky for you our camera went dead so we only have one picture here


We finished our trip off with a day at the beach
(which we should have done more of).


This is one of my favorite pictures below because it was on the last day and Olivia was like "Here let me take a picture of You, Dad and Abi. I have been in all the pictures."
This is your car when you get home Elder Despain

And here is where we Say Good-bye to our beach day. :(

We enjoyed every minute (except the Hoover Dam Half.) jk
We tried to find ways to stay on vacation for at least another month, realized it wasn't practical, and drove home to the freezing cold, and an inch of snow in March. I know there are people out there that probably miss the snow (Katelyn), but that is only because you are nuts. Jk...

*Sorry, I know you probably are all like wow please show us a few more pictures of your vacation, but this is really for my brother who is on a mission so he can see what he is missing out on. :)

12 comments:

the4ofus said...

Oh, I'm so totally jealous!! Why did you not call and invite us to come along??? I'm expecting a phone call with an apology! :) jk
It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm hoping to be able to take our family this summer.
Oh, and by the way... I have the same problem on race day! I'm a horrible runner and I always want to quit at the end, when I'm almost there! I'm doing the Ogden Half in a few weeks... UGH!!

The Baker Family said...

Cute!!! it looks like you had fun and made great memories!!! I like all of your pictures. I couls stare at your girls all day, they are so DANG cute!!

LB said...

I see you fixed the color of the text problem. I'm sorry you had to come back to 'hell' :) but we're glad you're back. You're right - Abi's face is priceless in those pics...

The Tracy's said...

Are you kidding.I love pics, you know that!! SO happy that you had a great time. We're headed back over Spring Break. I decided if I can't live in warm weather, I just need to visit more often. Don't forget to give me the recipe for the salmon. You are an amazing cook Whit!
T

The Hunt's said...

I do love a good day of spring skiing...but it doesn't need to snow for that. I'm with you for the most part, this time of year anyway! What a fun trip, it looks like the girls had a great time. It's just missing one significant piece...ME! You were like 20 minutes from my house! Lame!

Angie Birkeland said...

JEALOUSY!!! I haven't been on a freaking vacation in FOREVER!!! Looks like you guys had a blast. Great narration of the trip Whitt. I felt like I took the vacation with ya.

Anna said...

I really miss hanging out with you. Bye. Your girls are getting so big. Sniff...

Somer said...

I love the pictures. Livy sat with me and told me all about your trip. You could tell Ella was a little bit jealous. And I was too. What fun!

Another Blog... said...

way fun!! it was so good to see you guys!! oh wait...

Kelli Despain said...

I love it! You got some great pictures-your girls were so fun to be around-and so beautiful. They looks so happy in all of the pictures. Sorry we were so cranky at the end-looking at the beach pictures makes me think I would stay there all day! Thanks for letting us take part in some of it.

Tammi said...

Ahhhhh! You HAD to put that nasty picture of me with my huge gut (doesn't even look like I'm pregnant:(...LOVE the picture of all the kids on the sailboat--could our kids be ANY cuter?!!! It was so great to see you! I always have the best time with you...your whole fam is so fun to be around and Madie was in tears (literally) as we left you guys in the parking lot. She thought it was so cool that she and Liv just became the best of friends again in one day! Wish i got a pic of just those two to compare to when they were little tots...We need to see you more often than every few years!

Unknown said...

Whit! I got it to work. The trip looked WAY fun and I miss you and the kids like CRAZY nuts. That car better be waiting for me lol that thing is awesome. Thanks for the birthday stuff and posting your stuff so I can see whats going on in your life. I love you and miss you.

Elder Garrett K. Despain