Sunday, September 7, 2008

Friendships....



"I would rather you hate me for who I am, than love me for who I'm not"

Here is a disclaimer for all of you who have considered having me as a "friend" just in case you love me for someone I am not:

#1. I will probably forget your birthday.
#2. I will probably not answer my phone when you call. (I do not like the phone)
#3. I will probably at least once, but most likely more than once, say something so extremely stupid and out of line that you will wonder if it really came out of my mouth.
#4. I will say or maybe even do things that are offensive without even knowing it.
#5. I will forget to show up for your surprise birthday party, then not say happy birthday, and then not bring you your gift, and then remember 6 months later after you have given me a birthday gift, that I still never gave you your gift, and that I didn't go to your surprise birthday party.
#6. I am not a puffer*
* A person who tells you how great you are all the time, and tells you all of your attributes.

After you have read it over, and decided if you still want to be my friend. Please sign a disclaimer stating that you will acknowledge that I warned you. j/k
Thanks too all who put up with me, and still claim me as a "friend".

13 comments:

Anna said...

Although you never answer your phone, I still do love you. You are forgetting to mention that you would do anything for your friends, that you are a great listener, you recognize others' talents and make them feel good about themselves (sincerely), you are kind, you are always the first to talk to someone new and make them feel comfortable, you are funny, you help others, you are smart and fun to talk to, you give good advice, and you care about your friends. Do you need me to go on?

Isaac's said...

Okay.. so I am wondering... how are we friends? You betta not forget my bday! ha ha.

Anyway, that is you... but you forgot to mention all of the great things... Good thing we are still getting to know eachother, now I know what to look for!

love you!

King Family said...

whittney-
i will sign your disclaimer but you have to be a "puffer" around me, i have a low self esteem.

Jason Chilcote said...

Whittney, in your case the bad outweighs the good. Thank you for the disclosure but it's a bit too late.

You are dead to me.

The Hunt's said...

I will still be your friend. The disclaimers are true perhaps, but as I recall you write great notes...

Anonymous said...

How is it possible that you put rules on your relationships and I still REALLY REALLY badly want to be around you? You are serioulsy that amazing.

Tammi said...

It's AMAZING how alike we are, huh? At least I hope you know I love ya even if I never remember your bday and we hardly get to talk it seems...I guess in our case, we're not friends cuz we compliment each other's qualities, but we GET each other! You're the best Whitt! Are you pregnant? Or just hoping that IF you had another it would be a boy?

Windy said...

Haha I agree and I accept. ;)I hate the phone too. If ever I am on it the kids act up anyway so it is just a pain in the butt to be on it!

the4ofus said...

Hi Whittney.
I just discovered your website today (there was a link on Cobi's site!). I'm sad to hear that you have so many issues, I guess we can't be friends anymore. That is just way too long of a list for me to have to put up with!!

J/K- You know I love you and I hope that you consider me a friend!! I guess I can put up with your crap if you can put up with an "old woman" for a friend. :)

-Cherity

Cobilynn said...

I wish this would have been something you handed out when I first met you.

.....cause then I would have loved you more. You are an incredible person and feel grateful that you remembered my birthday.(rub,rub)

it's just because I went on and on this year about my party, that i didn't have.thanks for still being my friend.

Jeff Janae & Crew said...

Does your disclaimer have a copyright? Because I want to do a copy and paste of that badboy. That was funny!

Did you really forget to attend someones surprise party? What a smuck (j/k!!! hehehe)

Ciggyeti said...

Whit, you are my sister.. not my friend. I have to put up with you no matter what. Love you still.

Anonymous said...

Haha awesome. I totally agree. It's more offensive to be someone else than to be yourself because then you've been lying the whole time! If you've offended someone don't worry about it. After they've finished sulking around the house over a stupid reason.. they'll eventually get over it. You just won't be the one wasting your time feeling bad for yourself. Atleast.. that's the way I see it. I know... I'm nice. ;)