Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jackson had a bad day...

The day started with a call to my nephew: "Hey Jackson tell your mom to bring you to my house so we can play." "My Mom said no." "Hey Jackson if you come over I will make you cookies." "My Mom said no you are rude." So after a 20 minute conversation of Jackson shutting me down, my sister gets on the phone and invites us to come have a picnic in her neighbor's yard. So we do, and I am not sure if I have lived too long where I do because I can reach out and touch my neighbors house* (which I think is the only way to go, and if I were buying a house right now I would definitely buy mine because it is great.)* Or if their neighbor's yard was bigger than most amusement parks. So the kids played, we went home, and the kids played some more. Dani and I were in the house chatting when we hear 3 kids come in screaming that "Jackson has been hurt and his eye is bleeding!!!!" They were so hysterical and scared. So here is the story of how it happened: One of the neighborhood kids only had one ice cream treat to share, and so he set up a race, and the winner got the ice cream. Jackson was apparently very fast, maybe a little tooo fast because he tripped and hit a 1 1/2ft cinder block wall that surrounded his neighbors garden. Long story short he is okay, but it was terrifying. The blood was gushing so much the kids thought it was his eye, but really the cut was above his eye. Dani was calm and cool, and we rushed him to the Pediatrician's office. He was very good, and I happened to have my camera with me so we took some pictures. So here they are....

Then I came home and found out the water line from my fridge had been leaking all day, and that I had puddles in my basement.*

*If any of you reading this were going to buy my house it did not at all damage the integrity of it whatsoever, and I heard warped floor boards are totally "in" and all the good designers are putting them in all the new model homes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the whole thing: it wasn't that big of a deal. Oh, except the blood gushing from my son's head. And the red waterfall falling to the ground...head wounds. No one warned me. i am wheezy.

Thanks for all your help, freak.

Dani

PS the music is perfect

PPS ATTENTION INTERESTED HOME BUYERS: I saw the floor, it is brand new. We didn't feel a single uneven grove the other day when we set up the giant blow-up gym in the family room!

Another Blog... said...

Sad! Poor Jax... that looks like it hurt! He is so calm just laying there! You guys are lucky you live in the same state together! I miss those days!

Heather Keenan said...

Hey, that looks like it hurt...don't be surprised if Luke never comes to play at your house :) j/k anyway, about visiting teaching...I told Tauna on Sunday that we'd come by this week, but I don't think I'm going to be doing much of anything these next couple of months. We just found out I'm pregnant and it's starting to look a lot like the last one-very sick. Luckily it hasn't started out as bad, so there's hope! Anyway, just wanted to let you know in case you don't see me for a few months and so Tauna doesn't get mad when we don't show. Do you think you could call our ladies and let them know? Thanks a ton!
Heather

The Tracy's said...

Hey Whit,
Next time Dani had better let the kid come and eat cookies, even if you are rude!! It sounds like he has the Despain humor already. HAHA!
And Dani I can relate to the head injury. Three trips to the emergency room and one life flight in a year and a half. EEEK!
Trudy

jen said...

Oh my freaking heck Whitney...it's is Jen Chapman!! I found you thru Katelyn's, hope ya don't mind! ;) This blogging world is crazy but I'm so excited it has lead me to you!! I wish I could have caught a more uplifting post...poor little guy! I think he handled that better than I could have-gees! Well glad he is alright! Ok your girls are so beautiful!! You have to send me your e-mail so I can invite you to ours...brownsuga6702@comcast.net!! It is so good to see you & what you are up to! It looks like you are so happy!!

King Family said...

oh whittney....no offense but i am calling dcfs. hahahahahaha that was a joke.